Saturday, July 24, 2010
Weekend Randomness:The Taiwanese Newsreader
Last Wednesday while live on air the newsreader was the victim of a mosquito. The small insect was seen across homes in the nation crawling into the newsreader's mouth. Subsequently, the woman could be seen struggling for breath while valiantly trying to read out the rest of the news. Eventually, while in the midst of a sever asthmatic attack the broadcaster cut to 4 minutes of ads while a replacement presenter was drafted in and Ching was sent to hospital.
The mosquito had become lodged in her windpipe where it had subsequently bitten her. Her employer CTV has given her a few days off to recover. Of the incident she said "I never expected a mosquito to have so much power. It really gave me a bad day." The dangers of live TV news broadcasting. who knew?